Sunday, February 25, 2007

Mimes Protesting The War



God, but I love this picture. I guess because you can use it over and over for any number of causes. For example: "Mimes Protesting Geoff Not Returning My Star After a More-Than-Reasonable/Actually Harsher Than Needed 90 Day Disciplinary Period" and so on.

Off-topic stuff: Grey Goose La Poire Vodka. It is to die for. As I discovered when I went out just this past Saturday night. I'd seen a big advertising spread in the New Yorker about it, so when the bartender asked what was my pleasure I asked for a pear martini.

Of course, as is typical way out here in Pennsylvania Dutchland, he looked at me crosseyed when I asked for La Poire because he'd never heard of it. No problem, I just ordered something else. Five minutes later, I'm deep in conversation with my sister and bartender reappears, having discovered they did indeed have a whole case of the stuff, brand new. "Let's break it out" he says and offers up free pear martinis to me, my sister and everyone around us.

Cue to a few hours later, I'm back home walking my dog, almost fall on the ice twice. Hmmmm. Could've been a very dangerous night.

1 comment:

hipparchia said...

pear martinis? i'd never heard of this. i'll have to try one someday.

those mimes are great, but i'm still partial to the "nuns with guns" photo.