Monday, January 01, 2007

I Hate New Year's Day


I've always hated it because for whatever reason - I always seem to dwell more on the "ending" aspect rather than the beginning. Especially true this year in particular, after finishing up all the loose ends of divorce, experiencing an in-law's Christmas week death (although at 86 he had a good run) and a long-awaited, bittersweet reunion with someone significant, one that likely won't come around again.



I Was Never Meant To Work

Tomorrow I have to go back to work after having EIGHTEEN DAYS OFF, and a couple of those days actually included some spectacular

...Um, well, never mind. I keep forgetting a blog is NOT a private diary.

Suffice to say it's going to be hard to get back into the work grind, dammit.

3 comments:

twiffer said...

hmmm...and i always thought it was cause of the hang-over.

my condolences though, on your loss.

Anonymous said...

I think January is one of my favorite months, (although I am always a bit sad about taking down the gold and green decorations of december.)

I remember when we were kids, the teachers used to hand out blue-grey construction paper, and instruct us to draw pictures of outside using only our white crayons. That's still how I see January...blue guazey paper trimmed in white crayon.

topazz said...

Catnapping: I've always hated it since I was a child. My father was a Mummer in the Philadelphia Mummer's Parade, and every year without fail, he and my mother would have a huge fight over it, because he'd spend all of New Year's Eve getting his costume ready and they could never go out on the town like she wanted to.

New Year's Day was a sullen, angry day around our house as a result, with fireworks when he'd come stumbling home, usually drunk and rowdy and still wanting to dance. In all those years, you'd think the man would've found a way to compromise.