Friday, November 10, 2006

I Want A Katrina Cottage



Little Pink Houses...

Or yellow, as the case may be. I'm thinking along the lines of khaki, with black shutters, to match our main house.

Makes perfect economic sense. It's an ideal size for an in-law apartment, I can buy it at Lowe's, and with almost an acre on my existing property I have the lot space to build it. I could use it for my parents, for my kids when they need a transition space after college, or even for myself if I want to get away from my kids.

How much you want to bet zoning won't allow me to build it? Fuckers.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey. for what it's worth, i don't think you should exile yourself. the maelstorm will cease to rage, with a bit of time.

oh, and less pink (but that's more a personal quirk).

topazz said...

I was sooo tempted to post the lyrics to "I Enjoy Being A Girl" in reply, save for the cringe factor of my sistahs.

Anonymous said...

here i was thinking you needed to recolor that cottage in the photo hot pink to match the rest of the blog.

i want one too. katrina cottage, that is. bright purple. white trim. lavender door.